The ideal candidate will be expected to handle a wide range of administrative tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
This person must be exceedingly well organized and flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a busy office of diverse people and programs.
The ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, many times under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient,
with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is crucial to this role. Written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail are equally important.
- Work closely with the client to create, revise, and edit technical documents, spreadsheets, graphs, and other deliverables.
- Develop and write presentations, reports, and other products per our client’s needs.
- Write technical information in easily understandable language.
- Research various organizations and topics and apply that research to our client’s needs.
- Ability to review multiple information systems for relevant documents.
- Prepare background documents and outgoing correspondence as necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple activities/assignments simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Work closely with employees and clients to coordinate meetings and conference calls.
- Attend client meetings and record minutes and notes during the event.
- Maintain internal and external communications regarding office projects and programs.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with 2–5 years of experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in the creation of documents, plans, procedures, and proposals.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced word processing using Word, as well as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Friendly, diplomatic, and confidential when dealing with phone calls, visitors, and internal staff members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Dedicated and flexible approach to work.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance and Building Access badge.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation a plus.
- Knowledge of project management processes also a plus.
If you would like to be considered, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
or fax it to 240-686-3959.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)