Administrative Support Specialist - Full Time
Administrative Support Specialist supporting the Associate Under Secretary for Environment, Health, Safety and Security (AU) in the Office of Headquarters Security Operations
at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) in Germantown, Maryland. The position requires access to highly classified/restricted data documents and/or materials and that need to be
protected in the interest of national security.
- This is a five-day-a-week position starting as soon as possible.
- There is no anticipated travel nor flex time.
- The position primarily involves senior-level office administration, but may evolve to also include
some Security Assistant responsibilities in support of the DOE Security Program.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including receptionist duties and senior office administration.
- Prepare drafts, proofread, and format correspondence.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Schedule, maintain, and monitor multiple calendars, including meetings/appointments.
- Organize, facilitate, and attend meetings; record minutes and notes during the events.
- Prepare and dispatch correspondence (classified and unclassified) and distribute mail.
- Assist with ordering supplies and maintain paperwork of incoming supplies.
- Maintain action tracking systems, records, and office telephone directories.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Participate in meetings and capture meeting minutes.
- Acquire, assemble, and input federal employee time and attendance into the federal payroll system.
- Research and gather data, edit as needed, and transmit weekly report submissions.
- Analyze reports for discrepancies and make necessary corrections before distribution.
- Work closely with clients to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintain communication with varied contacts within the client’s many work sites.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- High school diploma or state equivalent + 12 years of experience, or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university + 10 years of experience.
- DOE site access requires the qualified candidate to be a U.S. citizen and possess an ACTIVE Q or TS security clearance.
- Understand requirements for protection and handling of classified matter.
- Experience in office administration and records management activities.
- Experience in performing executive office type activities such as word processing; correspondence preparation; editing; meeting, staff, and executive scheduling.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in state-of-the-art word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics programs, electronic mail, computer-based scheduling and other office related computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and subject areas.
- Be customer service oriented, experienced in interacting directly with clients and possess the ability to foresee client’s needs and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Possess exceptional analytical capabilities.
- Possess good written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow complex directions/instructions.
- Willingness to work in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional variance in hours.
- Must be detailed-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a DOE security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may also require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Pre-employment testing and ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the DOE Complex.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Email your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)