Administrative Support Specialist – Part Time
Part-time (16 hours per week) Administrative Support Specialist supporting the Associate Under Secretary for Environment,
Health, Safety and Security in the Office of Security Policy at the Department of Energy (DOE), working in Germantown, Maryland.
The position requires an active Top Secret (TS) / "Q" security clearance.
- This is a part-time position starting as soon as possible
- There is no travel or flex time.
- The position involves administrative support for the Material Control and Accountability (MC&A) Integrated Product Team (IPT) and includes administrative support for the IPT lead and participants.
- The anticipated length of this position is the duration of the IPT (approximately 12 months).
- Provide administrative support to the Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead including office administration as required.
- Prepare draft IPT documents, proofread, and format IPT correspondence.
- Schedule, maintain, and monitor multiple IPT calendars, including meetings and appointments.
- Organize, attend, and take meeting notes and record/distribute minutes.
- Prepare and dispatch correspondence and distribute mail.
- Research and gather IPT data, edit as needed and transmit weekly reports.
- Analyze and correct report discrepancies before distribution.
- Work closely with IPT stakeholders to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintain communication with IPT stakeholders.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- Active TS or "Q" clearance.
- A high school diploma or state equivalent and five years of professional administrative experience;
- Understand classified materials handling and protection requirements.
- Possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in office administration and records management activities.
- Experience in performing executive office type activities such as word processing; spreadsheets, correspondence preparation; editing; meeting, staff, and executive scheduling.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in state-of-the-art word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics programs, electronic mail, computer-based scheduling, and other office related computer programs. Specifically, mastery of MS Office suite of applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and subject areas.
- Customer service oriented, experienced in interacting directly with clients and ability to foresee client’s needs and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Possess exceptional analytical capabilities.
- Ability to understand and follow complex directions/instructions.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional variance in hours.
- Must be a detailed-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- DOE site access and clearance require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining an HSPD-12 (DOE Security Badge) is a condition of employment.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances are a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Active "Q" Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
- Familiarity with DOE program office procedures and tracking systems.
- Familiarity with coordinating meetings that include participants from different organizations
Email your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)