Administrative Support Specialist
Administrative Support Specialist supporting the Associate Under Secretary for Environment, Health, Safety and Security (AU) in the Office of Technical Security
at the Department of Energy (DOE) in Germantown, Maryland. The position requires access to highly classified/restricted data documents and/or materials
and demands the highest degree of public trust.
- This is a five-day-a-week position starting as soon as possible. There is no travel or flex time.
- The position primarily involves senior-level office administration.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including receptionist duties and senior office administration.
- Prepare drafts; proofread and format correspondence.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Schedule, maintain, and monitor multiple calendars, including meetings/appointments.
- Organize, facilitate, and attend meetings; record minutes and notes during the events.
- Prepare and dispatch correspondence (classified and unclassified) and distribute mail.
- Assist with ordering supplies and maintain paperwork of incoming supplies.
- Maintain action tracking systems, records, and office telephone directories.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Participate in meetings and capture meeting minutes.
- Acquire, assemble, and input Federal employee time and attendance into the Federal payroll system.
- Research and gather data, edit as needed, and transmit weekly report submissions.
- Analyze reports for discrepancies and make necessary corrections before distribution.
- Work closely with clients to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintain communication with varied contacts within the client’s many work sites.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- Active Security Clearance.
- Must possess a high school diploma or state equivalent and 12 years of experience, or a bachelor’s degree
from an accredited college or university and 10 years of experience.
- Must understand the requirements for the protection and handling of classified matter.
- Experience in office administration and records management activities.
- Experience in performing executive office type activities such as word processing; correspondence preparation;
editing; and meeting, staff, and executive scheduling.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in state-of-the-art word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics programs;
electronic mail; computer-based scheduling; and other office-related computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and subject areas.
- Be customer service oriented, experienced in interacting directly with clients, and possess the ability to
foresee client’s needs and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Possess exceptional analytical capabilities.
- Possess good written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to understand and follow complex directions and instructions.
- Willingness to work in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional variance in hours.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter and able to work independently.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen and possess an active Q or TS security clearance.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will
be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s
written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
- Familiarity with DOE program office procedures and tracking systems.
Email your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)