NA-40.2 / NA-41 Continuity Communications Analyst / EMISIG COOP Subcommittee Coordinator
Albuquerque, New Mexico
This position is for a Junior to Mid-level Continuity Analyst who will provide support to the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA),
Office of Emergency Operations, NA-40. As a Continuity Communications Analyst, this position will support Department of Energy (DOE)/NNSA
Continuity Program communications preparedness, equipment testing, security, training, drills and exercises, and review of relevant directives
and policies per Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidelines.
This position will also facilitate the DOE/NNSA Emergency Management Issues Special Interest Group (EMISIG) Continuity of Operations (COOP) Subcommittee.
The Subcommittee Coordinator role will require routine coordination with the Office of Plans and Policy, NA-41, but will report to the Continuity
Program Manager in NA-40.2.
- Review and document DOE Continuity Program communications preparedness, readiness, security, training, drills and continuity/devolution exercises.
- Provide support to the Continuity Program Office (CPO) for site communication readiness, communications security administration, communications records management, database maintenance, and other tasks as assigned.
- Technical support will include, but not be limited to, communications equipment operations, developing and providing Continuity Program communications preparedness, readiness, security, and procedure documentation appropriate to DOE functions and activities.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating scheduling and evaluation of various Continuity communication programs using technical specialists and subject matter experts.
- Assist in coordination of communications support requirements required to support Continuity planning and readiness.
- Assist the CPO in meeting requirements for Essential Functions and Records Management.
- Support Communications and Information Management functions (unclassified and classified) within the CPO.
- Attend relevant inter- and intra-agency communications meetings (classified and unclassified).
- Be prepared to immediately assist or augment staffing support of the designated Continuity facility in the event of activation.
- May be required to work more than 8 hours per day under Continuity activation or exercise conditions.
- Support the Sandia Site Office (Director) and staff for: Devolution Plans and maintenance; Interface with the Site Director’s Devolution Emergency Relocation Group (DERG) team and provide support for meeting logistics and messaging to DERG members at the Devolution location; prepare the agenda and take notes of the meeting; interface with NA-40 staff.
- Assist in the preparation for all Devolution exercises to include logistics support and After-Action reports.
EMISIG COOP Subcommittee Coordinator
- Facilitate monthly COOP Subcommittee teleconferences.
- Facilitate the production of COOP Subcommittee products.
- Prepare recurring reports on COOP Subcommittee activity for the Continuity Program Manager and the EMISIG Administrator.
- repare and maintain relevant COOP Subcommittee products.
- Maintain the content on the COOP Subcommittee’s SharePoint site (EDMS).
- Support EMISIG Annual Meeting; facilitate COOP Subcommittee breakout sessions at the annual meeting, assist in general sessions and registration.
- Support planning and execution of COOP semi-annual workshop.
- Ensure EMI-SIG Coordinator administrative functions and procedures are in accordance with established standard operating procedures and guidance provided by EMI-SIG Program Manager.
- Familiarity with the Continuity communication readiness databases, spreadsheets; capable of extrapolating information from multiple databases and generating reports on the results.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with Continuity programs and/or Emergency Management.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in the creation of documents and procedures.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in a rapidly changing environment; possess a mature approach to personal interactions between a consultant and the client.
- Must be an independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills and an ability to multi-task; be comfortable working with a team of technical experts in varying fields of security and emergency operations disciplines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office — Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers, under sometimes stressful conditions.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen and possess an active Q or TS security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to a pre-employment drug test and background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Must meet required security training and awareness for NA-40/SCIF personnel.
- Limited travel will be required for scheduled training and meeting support.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Presidential Preparedness Directive 40 (PPD 40): “National Continuity Policy,” OSTP/OMB Directive D-16-1, and Federal Continuity Directives 1 and 2 (FCD 1 and 2), FEMA HSEEP, Alternate EOC concepts and operations, and SCIF support.
- Experience with the DOE Complex, including knowledge of DOE 150-series Orders (Continuity Programs and Emergency Management) strongly desired.
- Experience with DOE sites strongly desired.
E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)