Continuity of Operations Analyst / Subject Matter Expert
Continuity of Operations Subject Matter Expert (SME) needed to assist NA-40 and specifically the Continuity Program Office (CPO) and CPO Manager in
periodically assessing the state of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Continuity Program preparedness, directives, policies, security, training, drills, and exercises.
This position is being developed to support continuity of operations program activities associated not only within the Office of Emergency Operations
but also to support the entire Department’s Continuity Program as stated by the Department’s Continuity Order,
Presidential Policy Directives, Executive Orders, Federal Continuity Directives, Government Accountability Office policies, and most recently,
Directives from the Department’s Inspector General Audit of the Department’s Continuity Program.
- Assist and support efforts to update the Continuity Plan template and training associated with the recent Presidential Policy Directive 40 (PPD-40): “National Continuity Policy,”
in accordance with the provisions of the Department’s DOE O 150.1A (Continuity Programs) to include annual revisions of the Headquarters’ Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Assist with development of the Headquarters Devolution Plan and related training program to support the Devolution Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for successors and their support staffs.
- Support DOE Readiness Reporting System development and monthly reporting requirements to FEMA.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of accomplishments for the five-year Multi Year Strategic Management Plan.
- Assist in the coordination of the rewrite of the new DOE 150.1A based upon the new requirements stated in PPD-40 which will drive new requirements for Continuity of Operations planning and readiness.
- Assist in the development, training, and execution of the annual Eagle Horizon Exercises to include the After Action Report.
- Assist the CPO in meeting the Agency’s requirements for Essential Functions and Records Management.
- Support the Communications and Information Management functions (classified and unclassified) functions within the CPO.
- Attend all inter- and intra-agency meetings (classified and unclassified) that support alternate site activities.
- Be prepared to immediately provide staffing support at the designated Continuity facility in the event of a COGCON activation.
- May be required work more than 8 hours per day under COOP activation or COOP exercise conditions.
- Maintain communication with varied contacts within the client’s many work sites.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- Skilled in the use of databases and spreadsheets; comfortable extrapolating information from multiple databases and generating reports on the results.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in the creation of documents and procedures.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between a consultant and the client.
- Must be an independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills and an ability to multitask and be comfortable working with a team of technical experts in varying fields of security and emergency operations disciplines.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers, under sometimes stressful conditions.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a “Q“ security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
- Must meet minimal security training and awareness for NA-40 personnel.
- Must meet minimal security training and awareness for SCIF personnel.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of PPD-40, FEMA FCD 1 and 2, FEMA HSEEP, FEMA CET v.8, Alternate EOC concepts and operations, and SCIF support.
- Familiarity with the FEMA Readiness Reporting System (RRS) is desired.
- Experience with the DOE Complex, including knowledge of DOE 150-series Orders (Continuity Programs and Emergency Management) strongly desired.
- Experience with DOE sites strongly desired.
E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)