Emergency Management Specialist (NA-40)
: Department of Energy Forrestal Building – Washington, DC
This position is for an Emergency Management Specialist to provide support to the Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Emergency Operations,
NA-40, to include support of the Chief of Staff and the Emergency Management Advisory Council (EMAC) Secretariat. This position will require extensive communication and coordination
throughout NA-40 and with other DOE and NNSA stakeholders. The Emergency Management Specialist will assist in scheduling meetings, disseminating and tracking taskings and inquiries, maintaining
meeting minutes, developing documentation which could include operational policy and policy reviews, executing special projects, and supporting the participation in the Emergency Management
Enterprise in real-world events and exercises.
- Provide support to the EMAC Secretariat to include:
- Scheduling meetings, conference rooms, and web-based or telephonic meetings.
- Maintaining communications with EMAC participants.
- Keeping, transcribing, and disseminating meeting minutes.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate among NA-40 and other DOE and NNSA stakeholders in support of NA-40 priorities, reporting to the NA-40 Chief of Staff.
- Assist with operational planning and administration to optimize efficient and adaptive day-to-day support.
- Coordinate review and comment of interoffice and interagency policies, directives, and plans.
- Draft written reports, papers, briefings, and presentations.
- Complete special projects and taskings.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- A background and knowledge in Emergency Management programs.
- BS or BA degree required in either Emergency Management or other related fields of study.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; superior writing and editing skills in the creation of documents and procedures. Skilled in articulating complex issues at a level easily understood, in both oral and written form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Adobe and SharePoint.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between a consultant and the client.
- Must be an independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills and an ability to multitask and be comfortable working with a team of technical experts in varying fields of security and emergency operations disciplines.
- Ability to track and monitor documents from inception to production.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in;
- Incident management – National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command
- Emergency management
- Emergency Operations Center operations
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with an active DOE Q security clearance with SCI Access. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- May require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Pre-employment testing and ongoing tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites; the candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers, under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Able to work after hours, extended shifts, and on weekends when required during emergency responses and exercises. Parking is not available on site.
- Travel will be required. Travel will be best cost to the government and only economy airfare and economy class rental cars will be allowed.
- Able to lift 50 pounds, carry your own luggage, and walk up to a quarter of a mile to work locations.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of DOE and NNSA Strategic Mission.
- Completion of relevant emergency management course curricula.
Please e-mail your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)