: Washington, DC – DOE Forrestal Building
This position is for an Exercise Planner to assist in the planning, execution, and evaluation of Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA)
internal and interagency exercises. These actions primarily consist of supporting the lead exercise planner, exercise director, and the evaluation team;
finalizing exercise evaluation guides; inputting controller observations into a database; and drafting/reviewing exercise after action reviews.
- Provide guidance, consultation, and facilitation for the Federal client and project team by planning, designing, executing, and evaluating exercises supported with exercise-related products.
- Assist the planning and design phases to NNSA asset, intra- and inter-agency, and national level exercises by preparing and disseminating products such as the Exercise Plan (EXPLAN), Controller/Evaluator
(C/E) Handbook, Master Scenario Events List (MSEL), player briefings, and After Action reports/Corrective Action Plans (AAR/CAP) in the Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP) format.
- Develop, coordinate, and assist in the implementation of annual exercise and training and staffing plans.
- Develop, schedule, and assist in the execution of all levels of training and administration of exercises.
- Provide operational and staff support to Emergency Management, Consequence Management, Counterterrorism, CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive) programs, and disaster preparedness requirements.
- The emergency response organization position may require support outside of normal office hours, as well as occasional on-call duties.
- The position will require domestic and infrequent international overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree (desired fields include Emergency Management, First Responder, Antiterrorism, Security fields or equivalent) and 2+ years of experience in related Emergency Management, First Responder, Antiterrorism, or Emergency Preparedness fields,
with a desire to have prior experience in planning, designing, executing, and evaluating exercises.
- Certification as an emergency response team member is required.
- Desired completion of the Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP): Basic Course.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in the creation of documents and procedures.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions with others.
- Skilled in articulating complex issues at a level easily understood, in both oral and written form.
- Must be an independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills, an ability to multitask, and comfortable working with a team of technical experts in varying fields of security and operations disciplines.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint, including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, as well as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- DOE site access requires the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen, have a valid Top Secret security clearance, and obtain a DOE “Q” security clearance within 30 days of employment. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)