Fitness Instructor / Coordinator
: Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Serve as subject matter expert in training by maintaining and applying comprehensive (mastery level) knowledge and competency in area(s) of occupational expertise.
- Provide individual fitness assessments and fitness program recommendations as requested by FAs and/or command leadership.
- Teach/conduct training presentations by reviewing course materials and lesson plans prior to instruction/presentation.
- Provide physical fitness instruction, general health, fitness and wellness counseling, and information as requested by individuals and/or command leadership.
- Ensure instructional presentations meet course objectives and training standards by maintaining a comprehensive level of knowledge, skills, and abilities requisite in the occupation or profession.
- Complete course/project administrative tasks by planning, organizing, and prioritizing work for accomplishment within expected timeframes.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by studying/reviewing all relevant laws, regulations, orders, and policies.
- Ensure that integrated safety and quality management principles are applied to all duties. Perform all activities and tasks in a safe and healthful manner.
- Test students to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of such training.
- Provide Physical Readiness Testing (PRT) support.
- Maintain fitness facilities by performing preventive maintenance, identifying needs for repair, and ensuring safe use of fitness equipment.
- Provide fitness training to FAs, FA applicants, and other OST personnel as requested.
- Maintain Automated External Defibrillators (AED).
- Remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- High school graduate required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years minimum experience in physical fitness.
- 2+ years teaching experience and certification as an instructor.
- 3+ years prior military or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Cooper Institute or equivalent fitness certification.
- Maintain certification in First Aid, CPR and AED.
- Complete DOE Basic Instructor, Firearms Instructor and Controller training courses.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, as well as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in a field environment of squad ambushes, squad urban defense, and squad attacks.
- Willingness to work directly with customers in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours.
- Maintain a level of physical fitness and agility sufficient to perform requisite physical tasks and functions.
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the CONUS.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Work is normally performed in a gym setting, office, workshop, or classroom setting.
- Work is also performed outdoors on a range or in support of a training exercise. Worker may be exposed to dust, fumes, loud noises, and the environment.
- Work involves standing, walking, running, and kneeling for sustained periods.
- May involve occasional heavy lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance and Building Access badge. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances will also be conducted for continued access to client sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
- Self-directed, and able to define and achieve goals with little supervision
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)