Located in Germantown, Maryland, Project Enhancement Corporation (PEC) is a technical services business focused on providing Project Management
and specialized consulting and training services in the areas of nuclear safety, worker safety and health, security, quality assurance, and
environment, as well as materials and facilities disposition within the Department of Energy (DOE) and commercial power industry.
Employment Position: Instructor (Drive)
- Serve as a member of the Office of Secure Transportation (OST) training staff at his/her location, with responsibility for training DOE and contractor personnel.
- Provide specialized instruction in tractor trailer driving skills.
- Serve as subject matter expert in training by maintaining and applying comprehensive (mastery level) knowledge and competency in area(s) of occupational expertise.
- Maintain and apply comprehensive (mastery-level) training/learning methodologies and techniques.
- Teach/conduct training presentations by reviewing course materials and lesson plans prior to instruction/presentation.
- Lead and evaluate effectiveness of training/course presentation by observing student performance and student application of techniques/skills.
- Ensure instructional presentations meet course objectives and training standards by maintaining a comprehensive level of knowledge, skills, and abilities requisite in the occupation or profession.
- Complete course/project administrative tasks by planning, organizing, and prioritizing work for accomplishment within expected timeframes.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by studying/reviewing all relevant laws, regulations, orders, and policies.
- Ensure that integrated safety and quality management principles are applied to all duties. Performs all activities and tasks in a safe and healthful manner.
- Testing students to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of such training.
- Maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, and AED.
- Remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- High School Diploma (bachelor’s degree preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of current continuous safe driving record with a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Tractor trailer driving instructor experience preferred.
- Must have at a minimum a mastery of 4 of the listed skills: Firearms (handgun and carbine), Tractor/Trailer operations (commercial certification), Small unit infantry tactics and convoy operations, Law Enforcement experience, Less than lethal techniques/combative, Conducting fitness training and fitness testing, Operation of MILES equipment, Conducting Dye Marker Cartridge training exercises, Emergency Vehicle Operations, Off-Road Driving, Setting up training events off-site, planning, coordinating, and implementing site surveys for off-site training areas, Planning and running live fire and maneuverer ranges, Knowledge of emergency management, NIMS and ICS, Surveillance detection skills and Field Medical Training Support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to work directly with customers in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours.
- Maintain a level of physical fitness and agility sufficient to perform requisite physical tasks and functions.
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the CONUS.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, as well as, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Complete DOE Basic Instructor, Firearms Instructor, and Controller courses.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance and Building Access badge. Access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with DOE Q clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances may also be conducted for continued access to client sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- 3–5 years prior military or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation
- Self-directed and able to define and achieve goals with little supervision
E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX to: 240-686-3959
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)