Sharepoint Engineer / Application Developer – NA-41
: Albuquerque, NM
This position is for a SharePoint Engineer / Applications Developer supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Emergency Operations.
Responsible for duties related to effective deployment of Microsoft (MS) SharePoint, websites, and databases, as well as those duties related to SharePoint data manager.
Utilizes and modifies SharePoint webparts for processing and analyzing data. Performs SharePoint workflow design and implementation. Performs integration of Microsoft
Excel and Microsoft SharePoint services. Designs and implements “out of the box” and custom databases and SharePoint lists (including structure and relationships)
to support effective business use of the Emergency Management Enterprise Data Management SharePoint Portal (EDMS). Works with customers to define requirements and
performs design, layout, and functionality design for web applications and SharePoint. Maintains and manages EMI SIG websites and Enterprise SharePoint Portal as
directed. Maintains the EMI SIG Exercise Builder application. Performs all system administrative activities necessary to configure and operate the EDMS for NNSA
internal or external customers. Responsible for system administration of EMI SIG Learning Management System. Participates in an employee feedback program to promote
continuous improvement. Employs superior communication techniques to ensure common understanding is achieved between technical and non-technical personnel during both
oral and written interactions.
- Application development, transition and application stabilization, data migration, knowledge transfer, code reviews, testing, evaluation and migration of feature request, “Click-Once” distribution source migration, software security vulnerability evaluation
- Application maintenance and upgrades, end-user support, distribution management, license/certificate management, requirements gathering, upgrade planning, configuration management
- Other organization support activities, such as supporting training or annual meeting tasks
- Proficiency in web application development utilizing Microsoft ASP.NET C#, Microsoft SQL
- Experience in team-based development environments using code repositories for check-out/check-in and merging (git, SVN).
- Experienced in managing web-enabled content (MS SharePoint, websites, social media, Google Docs, or custom databases).
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, or similar media production applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of management both in person and through varied communication mediums.
- Must be able to work on a timeline and deliver on schedule.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and efficiently.
- Desire to work collaboratively to ensure effective execution of project deadlines.
- Strongly detail-oriented with an ability to quickly identify and solve programming errors.
- Must be able to adapt styles and conventions to consistently fit within preset styles in existing projects.
- Willingness to provide mentorship to others within the team.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between a consultant and the client.
- Must be an independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills and an ability to multitask and be comfortable working with a team of technical experts in varying fields of security and emergency operations disciplines.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Travel will be required for scheduled training and meeting support. Travel will be conducted in accordance with Federal Travel regulations and utilization of economy class airfare and rental cars.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will also be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Must meet minimal security training and awareness for NA-40 personnel.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the DOE complex a plus.
- Knowledge and past experience with NNSA Emergency Operations policy and programs.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)