This position will support the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Safeguards & Security, and specifically its Human Reliability Program (HRP). The capacity
to multitask and manage multiple project objectives and requirements simultaneously is a must-have. Excellent listening and organizational skills will be as
important, as will outstanding written and oral communication skills. This on-site position requires frequent interaction with federal clients and stakeholders,
as well as the ability to translate technical information for a more general audience. An ability to think strategically and translate strategic goals into
operational steps and tactical objectives is essential.
- Provide direct support to the HRP Program Manager with day-to-day program operations to include, but not limited to:
- Administrative functions.
- Scheduling – meetings, site assistant visits, monthly calls, etc.
- Coordinate HRP activities with Headquarters program and site equities to include federal and contractor personnel.
- Assist with the development and implementation of HRP policies, standards, procedures, and DOE orders to include:
- Employee Assistance Tool (EAT) Project
- HRP Program Review Recommendation Implementation Plan
- Update of HRP portal on DOE.GOV.
- Assist in the development of HRP System of Records Notice (SORN) and Records Inventory and Disposition Schedule (RIDS).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts, plus a minimum of 2 years experience in Safeguards and Security; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Safeguards and Security.
- Qualified candidate must be a U.S. citizen with an active DOE “L” or Secret Security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" or "TS" clearance.
- Skilled in articulating complex issues at a level easily understood, in both oral and written form.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in the creation of documents, plans, procedures, and proposals.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly, and requires occasional long hours.
- Must be an independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills with an ability to multitask and be comfortable working with a team of technical experts in varying fields.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, as well as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check and a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
- May require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Federally supported project management experience.
- Experience managing federally supported projects to include level of effort, support services contracts, coordination of technical and business management between organizational entities, and experience in successful business and technical management innovation.
- Analyst experience with an analytical ability to carry out activities such as research and technical and management assessments of problems and issues.
E-mail your resume to: email@example.com
Or FAX to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)