Research Analyst - NNSA
: Department of Energy (DOE) Forrestal Building in Washington, DC
This position is to support the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Emergency Management Enterprise, Office of Plans and Policy (NA-41) by using relevant analytic methods
to conduct analysis and compile reports. The focus of the work will be on collecting and compiling Emergency Management assessments, annual reports, and oversight reports.
The Research Analyst will provide direct support to the NA-41 Readiness Assurance Team Leader and will work closely with the NA-41 Director and Deputy Director, program managers, and other staff.
The Research Analyst will provide weekly status reports of assigned task to the Readiness Assurance Team Leader.
- In support of the NA-41 Readiness Assurance Team Leader, collect and compile Emergency Management reports and assessments by site and by office and assist in the development of a historical performance profile.
- Collect site- and program-specific performance and readiness assurance data for Defense Nuclear Facilities and other DOE/NNSA sites and facilities.
- Conduct research to support and identify readiness assurance priorities and technical support requirements.
- Update and maintain an Emergency Management point of contact list.
- Assist in maintaining a risk-informed priority customer service support database of recurring and emergent needs of DOE Emergency Management Enterprise partners.
- Assist in maintaining a database of Emergency Management lessons learned and best practices.
- Draft official memoranda and briefing materials for management review, including supporting the development of the NA-41 Annual Report.
- Catalog and maintain a tracking system of tasks assigned to various desk officers.
- Maintain SharePoint site and load assesment reports in appropriate site tabs.
- Attend meetings and conference calls related to readiness assurance and provide summaries to NA-41 leadership and staff.
- Support emergency response operations and incident management when necessary as a member of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) or Nuclear Incident Team (NIT) staff.
- As a member of the EOC or NIT staff, track personnel, team deployments, requests for information, and status of operations; prepare briefings and reports; coordinate information with other
operations centers and deployed teams.
- Working during non-standard hours, weekends, and holidays may be required.
- Serve on call when required, typically for one week each month, and report to work within two hours of notification.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in a Research Analyst or Readiness Assurance field of study (or related).
- Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office 2013 Software Suite and have the ability to learn other DOE applications such as SharePoint.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to solve problems, sometimes with little or no direction.
- Familiarity with emergency management terminology, ability to read and understand policy documents and analyses, and ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Strong, clear, and concise communication skills to explain research status to managers.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between a consultant and the client.
- Work after hours, for extended shifts, and on weekends when required during emergency responses and exercises.
- Travel is not required at this time.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with an active "Q" or "TS" security clearance (or equivalent).
The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check and a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct
such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with DOE operations is preferred.
- General knowledge of agency organization and structure.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)