: Germantown, Maryland
Security Specialist supporting the Office of Headquarters Personnel Security Operations at the Department of Energy (DOE) in Germantown, Maryland, which provides
a comprehensive Security Program for the DOE Headquarters. The position serves primarily as an Adjudicator, reviewing case files and providing a recommendation to the
Federal staff regarding whether or not an individual is found eligible to be granted a security clearance, and other personnel security support service responsibilities as assigned.
The position requires access to highly classified / restricted / sensitive information and demands the highest degree of public trust.
- Review and analyze investigative reports and personal security files of applicants needing DOE security clearances and current employees up for re-investigation of their
current security clearances.
- Prepare Case Evaluation Summaries and make recommendations as to whether employees meet the applicable Regulation and Adjudication Guideline requirements to ensure that
granting a security clearance to the individual would be in the best interest of national security.
- Enter data into the Personal Security File Tracking (PSFT) and Central Personnel Clearance Index (CPCI) databases.
- Provide the analytical summary of the investigative reports to Federal Program Managers for approval.
- Work independently, managing assigned caseload for screenings within the guidelines of the client.
- Must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in such fields as criminal justice, security management, or security operations.
- Must have ten years of experience within the field of nuclear safeguards and security, and shall possess an excellent working knowledge of the protection
of classified matter, computer security, physical security, information security, special nuclear materials, protective forces, and the protection of property and assets.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate the application of a wide range of security requirements, plans, systems, and procedures sufficient to evaluate compliance with
regulations and standards, as well as the overall effectiveness of a program.
- Review, analyze, and interpret assigned case information, to include information derived from background investigations, polygraph examinations, and other
pertinent case materials, in order to show a relationship between the behavior of the case subject and the personnel security policies, standards, procedures
and/or regulations as mandated through current Orders and Directives sufficient to support a final adjudicative recommendation.
- Provide well-written and concise analytical adjudicative recommendations using sponsor formats that provide enough detail to enable the government to make
informed, independent decision to grant, suspend, disapprove or revoke a Subject's security access.
- Advise the government of the need for additional security processing in order to render an adjudicative decision.
- Respond to inquiries from the sponsor on the status of pending cases or any other information pertaining to adjudicative support tasks.
- Must have ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and subject areas.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday in the office in Germantown, Maryland.
- Must be able to travel up to 10%.
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a current DOE Q or DOD Top Secret clearance.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.arter of a mile to work locations.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Adjudication certification.
- Experience in the DOE Complex.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)