Staff Web and Database Developer
: Germantown, Maryland
The successful candidate will demonstrate individual initiative and dedication to meeting client needs at the highest level of quality. The ability
to work in a fast-paced environment, many times under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism
and confidentiality, is essential. Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team. Attention to detail is crucially important.
- Support the design, development, maintenance, and improvement of websites and databases.
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Programmer, Analysts, and Program Managers to provide and maintain systems supporting internal and client day-to-day business.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1–3 years of experience in requirements definition, database development, and use-of-web technologies
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to identify innovative, user-friendly solutions
- Experience working with open source and third-party platforms
- Strong quality mindset – designing, coding, and testing program modules in line with functional requirements and development standards
- Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines and manage concurrent/multiple projects efficiently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours
- Ability to meet the requirements for a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Building Access Only (BAO) badge
- DOE site access requires the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check and testing for the absence of any illegal substances is required as a condition of employment.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
Required and Preferred Skills:
A working knowledge of the following website and database technologies (in bold) is required. The items marked with (+), while not required, are beneficial assets to have.
- Web Technologies
- ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#
- Bootstrap (+)
- JSON (+)
- Microsoft SharePoint (+)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (+)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Services (+)
- Git (+)
- Section 508 Compliance (+)
- Database Technologies
- SQL Statements, Data Modeling, Stored Procedures
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Analysis Services (+)
- Microsoft Integration Services (+)
- Oracle 11g (+)
- Machine Learning (+)
- Excel Pivot Tables (+)
- Excel Power Pivot (+)
- Microsoft Power Bl (+)
- Tableau (+)
- R (+)
Please e-mail your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fax it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)