Junior Web and Database Developer
: Germantown, Maryland
The successful candidate will demonstrate individual initiative, dedication to meeting client needs at the highest level of quality,
and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, many times under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient,
with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is
essential. Attention to detail is crucially important.
- Support the design, development, maintenance, and improvement of websites and databases.
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Programmer, Analysts, and Program Managers to provide and maintain systems supporting
internal and client day-to-day business.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- U.S. citizenship required in order to meet the requirements for a DOE Q security clearance.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance
will be required as a condition of employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- One to three years experience in requirements definition, database development, and use of web technologies.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to identify innovative, user-friendly solutions.
- Experience working with open source and third-party platforms.
- Strong quality mindset--designing, coding and testing program modules in line with functional requirements and development standards.
- Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines and manage concurrent/multiple projects efficiently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly, and requires occasional long hours.
- Pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal
substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct
such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Required and Preferred Skills:
A working knowledge of the following website and database technologies (in bold) is required. The items marked with (+), while not required, are beneficial assets to have.
- Web Technologies
- ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#
- Bootstrap (+)
- JSON (+)
- Microsoft SharePoint (+)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (+)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Services (+)
- Git (+)
- Section 508 Compliance (+)
- Database Technologies
- SQL Statements, Data Modeling, Stored Procedures
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Analysis Services (+)
- Microsoft Integration Services (+)
- Excel Pivot Tables (+)
- Excel Power Pivot (+)
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)