Safety & Health Services
Occupational safety and health (OSH) is something we live and breathe at PEC for ourselves and for our clients. To achieve
excellence in OSH requires that it be managed as an integral part of the overall mission.
Project Enhancement Corporation (PEC) has extensive training capabilities; and has provided training services to several government agencies.
PEC uses its detailed Training Development Process and Content Development Process, both approved by DOE, to assure efficiency, quality,
and proper utilization of subject matter experts (SMEs). The PEC process also ensures participation by appropriate stakeholders in developing training packages
and training materials while addressing all requirements. As part of its wide range of training services and full suite of training tools that PEC provides to its clients,
the following are several examples of our corporate training capabilities:
- Provide instructors and/or SMEs to deliver training to agency employees or contractors (training packages both developed by PEC and/or packages developed by the agency or by others).
- Develop the full range of training packages including classroom packages and/or computer-based or web-based training packages. In some cases, PEC carries out the training either as a one-time training requirement, or as part of an ongoing training program. In other cases, the agency takes the PEC-developed training packages and provides the training to their employees or contractors.
- Develop a full range and suite of training materials, curriculum, classroom materials, and handouts developed by our highly qualified training instructors and/or SMEs.
- Develop and deliver computer- or web-based interactive training modules including conducting live webinars, developing and hosting or providing self-guided web-based training packages, and developing tests that are administered at the conclusion of the training to measure the retention of information and achievement of learning objectives.
- Provide Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) e-learning standard compliant training packages to our clients as requested or required.
- Provide SMEs to review changes in rules, regulations, orders, or requirements, and update associated training materials to reflect these changes.
To view our training clients and projects click here.
Safety and Health
With leadership and staff from all walks of the OSH profession, PEC has a proven track record of providing OSH program
management solutions to the Federal agency sector. Clients include the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA),
the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), the District of Columbia Department of
Transportation (DDOT), The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and the U.S. Department of
Homeland Security (DHS).
We are technical experts in all aspects of workplace safety and health, from overseeing jobsite safety compliance and conducting job
hazard analyses, to gathering, analyzing, evaluating and presenting safety data to leadership that effects cultural change.
Such data assessments might include: injury/illness reports; air quality sampling; noise levels; asbestos testing; workplace
incident and occurrence reporting; focus groups; and needs analyses.
In conjunction with teaming and strategic partners, PEC builds safety and health databases that can be customized with graphical
user interfaces (GUI) capable of presenting the data in a way that is user-friendly, yet dynamic and meaningful for effecting change.
To support our clients' information sharing and collaboration needs, PEC develops and hosts unique and diverse ways to get the word
out — online platforms; the social media tools of blogs, vlogs, and Wiki spaces; cloud computing; data, news and information portals;
computer-based trainings; multimedia presentations and video — any of which can greatly enhance the impact of messages for
stakeholders and communities of interest.
PEC is staffed by OSH subject-matter experts, including Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH), Certified Safety Professionals
(CSP), Public Health Professionals (PHP), Certified Health Physicists (CHP) and safety and health analysts who
provide the guidance, the expertise, and the desire to help organizations shape their safety and health policies and standards in
order to protect their workforce and the public.
From 2008 to 2012, PEC was certified by the Maryland Occupational Safety and Health Administration under the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) for exemplary safety and health management.
Knowledge…experience…strategic partnerships…desire… and the people who can make it happen…all come together at PEC to make your vision
for excellence in occupational safety and health a reality.